Saturday, September 6, 2008

Not good. Seriously.

Sam has started to pull himself up. He started earlier this week and I ignored it in hopes that if I didn't acknowledge this development, it would go away. This is what "Parenting" magazine tells me to do to deal with unwanted behavior from my children. It is SO not working. Even worse, he is starting to shift his feet and shuffle them a little bit. I refuse to say that he is taking steps because that would mean that he is cruising, and I will not stand (pardon the pun) for such insolence! Yup, I have no pictures to post because that would imply that I am excited about this, and clearly, I am not.

But I am excited about a different accomplishment of Sam's! The only time Sam really gets cranky in the car is when it is past his bedtime at night. And the only way he will stop crying is if the girls move their fingers up and down against their lips and make that "b-b-b-b" sound (is there a word for this? he's not blowing raspberries). We figured this out during our "vacation" and recently, Sam figured out how to make the sound himself. It is so adorable. Now that, I got on video because I love it. But the pulling himself up and cruising thing? Not good. Seriously.

No comments: