Friday, August 1, 2008

Too Many Tomatoes, So Little Time

I have so many tomatoes in my garden right now that I don't know what to do with them. I wanted to do a marinara or arrabiata sauce but is that really the best thing I can do with them?

Any ideas? I found a Shrimp and Tomato Risotto recipe which I will try for Saturday dinner. I also found a tomato pie recipe which apparently tastes like deep dish pizza (I miss Zachary's Pizza in Oakland--better Chicago-style pizza than the pizzas I've eaten in Chicago). I LOVE tomato bisque so maybe I will make some for myself and the girls with grilled cheese--one of my favorite comfort food meals. I'm not sure if making all these things will use up all my tomatoes.

Okay, this will hopefully be the last post about my garden. I'm sure this is not interesting to anyone else but me.

3 comments:

sillie smile said...

you know me, i like the garden posts.

how about roasted/baked tomatoes? tastes so good with steak. drizzled with a little olive oil.

oh! or when you make the pasta sauce, make a lot and freeze some of it!

hahaha, i'm all about freezing. come take a look at my freezer.

Susan said...

I roasted the tomatoes before I made tomato soup last night. The house smelled so good. Yum!

The tomato pie turned out really good!

I ended up using all but two of my tomatoes so just enough for my shrimp risotto.

Yay, mission accomplished. Until a couple weeks when I will most likely have another dozen or so ripe again.

Anonymous said...

Love your gardening posts Susan. I'm living vicariously...