Monday, August 25, 2008

A Mother's Redemption

Alright. So perhaps it might appear that I favor one of my children. In order to redeem myself (and in case my daughters read this 10 years from now and become embittered), I want to write that they were very well behaved today.

It is going to be a long week. There is no school so I have all three kids with me 24/7 and no help. I am a little scared of how I am going to behave this week.

The girls are becoming more and more self-sufficient. I have to monitor them and help them along, but for the most part, if I tell them to wash up, the girls can wash their face, hands and feet all on their own. They brush their teeth in the mornings and I do it in the evenings because I want to make sure that at least once a day, they are getting a proper brushing (me being the dental hygiene freak that I am). We got them a chore chart in Vancouver that has been very helpful in getting the kids to clean up their toys, put away their clothes, make their beds, etc.

Anyhow, the girls have been doing a good job with their "chores" for the last few days so I promised to make them the Martha Stewart Living Cookie of the Month today. Banana Whoopie Pies. I made about thirty cookies and I have about three left. That makes me very happy. We had some friends over today for a playdate so they contributed to the cookie intake.

All in all, if everyday this week is like today, I think it might be a lot of fun having the girls home. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we will be going to a fabric store to buy a pattern and fabric to make dresses for the girls. Joey was sitting on the potty this morning flipping through my human interest periodical (featuring a certain family that just had twins) and she said that she wants to look at the magazine because she wants to see the pretty dresses.

"When I get big, I want to wear pretty dresses all the time like these people."

"Well, maybe you can design dresses for people so you can wear dresses like those all the time."

"Yeah! I want to make a dress! Pleeeeeeeeeeease??? Can I put balloons on my dress?"

"Ummm, you could but the balloons would just pop if we put it into the wash."

Look of disappointment.

"Can we get a shiny rainbow fabric for my dress? Pleeeeeeeease????"

"Well, we'll just have to see what they have at the fabric store."

Great, my daughter wants to look like Bozo the Clown.

1 comment:

Mommy Lim said...

oh my gosh, i love reading your blogs. i seriously laugh out loud everytime! joey is adorable..let her be bozo the clown..now is the only time she can get away with it. :)