Okay, so I survived the week with just one glass of wine and tons of ice cream. Phew. I never got around to doing anything with their dresses but hopefully before they outgrow it, I can make it for them...
Anyhow, today was my "28th" birthday and I had a really good day. It's funny how birthday celebrations evolve throughout the years. As a kid, I didn't really have many birthday parties. My parents were busy and my birthday always falls around Labor day weekend so no one was around even if they wanted to throw me a party. So my birthdays were usually just my immediate family when I really wanted a big party with my entire class in attendance. Yup, I am still a little bitter...
As I got older, I really hated being the center of attention so I usually didn't tell people about my birthday. A quiet evening with a few friends was ideal. Now that Chang is in my life, he makes a big fuss over me which is so sweet. However, now that I am an exhausted mom of three, I just want time to do things for myself. I don't need a nice dinner or flowers (though my honey still does these things for me), I just want to be able to dictate my own schedule and not spend every waking moment with my beloved hubby and children--now that is truly a gift! (he he) Like on Mother's Day, it should be a day that I can shirk my duties as a mother. Get a break from being the person that I am 24/7, don't you think? So all in all, I had a perfect day of going to the spa by myself, gardening, and then finally spending time with family.
I feel happy and blessed and ready for another year of craziness that will undoubtedly come with our wacky children!
Umma
3 years ago
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Suz!
Funny... I remember celebrating your 28th birthday many, many, many years ago ;)
happy birthday! glad it was a special day. i agree..i just want "ME, alone" time for those special days now. :)
Happy "28th" b-day, Suj! So funny how I remembered to remind myself to wish you a happy b-day on the 27th, 28th, and 29th, but then completely forgot on the 30th. Doh! Anyhow, happy birthday, dear friend. And yes, I hear you on the summer birthday thing...oh how the years change us. :)
happy birthday, suzeeeeeee!!!!!
Post a Comment