I uprooted my zucchini plants last week since they were diseased. I researched the white powdery mold that decimated my veggie garden and it so happens that this mold appears on gourds towards the end of its life cycle. Good to know for next year.
My friend, Rhiannon's mom, and one of my inspirations to start becoming a more serious gardener, told me that she was going to plant pumpkins in her garden for the fall. How cool is that? Apparently, you need to plant your pumpkins now if you want them to be orange by halloween time. So this is on my never-ending list of things to do.
I have always wanted to try to make my own pumpkin pack for baking. I tried once but it was more trouble than it was worth. Maybe if I can grow some smaller pumpkins, it would be easier to boil. I LOVE pumpkin in baked goods--pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread. Love love love it!
Umma
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment