Friday, August 22, 2008

Mrs. Michael Phelps


While we were on fun-filled family vacation, every night we would watch the Olympics. As I am married to a sports nut, we watched every event they broadcast--even the boring ones like women's beach volleyball and the women's marathon (sorry if I have offended anyone out there). I am sure you men are thinking that Chang was watching it because it was four scantily clad women jumping around in the sand. But he swears he watches it for the sport. And don't even get me started on the women's barely there uniforms (seriously???).

But the adorable thing was how much Joey got into swimming and Michael Phelps amazing run for eight gold medals. When he was racing, she would chant, "Go Michael Phelps! Go Michael Phelps!" And whenever she saw a picture of him on a newspaper or on TV, she would get excited and scream, "That's Michael Phelps!" She was so inspired by him that she started swimming without floaties during our vacation. She wants to learn all the strokes and swim just like him. Who knows? Maybe we have the next Janet Evans or Natalie Coughlin here in our household.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

phelps, schmelps, I'm with Chang. Women's beach volleyball is da bomb. Two shows in one. Those "uniforms" are aerodynamic. But c'mon - Phelps' uniform is even less scant.

Susan said...

Less scant? All his rippling muscles on his lithe body are covered with those laser speedo suits they were wearing this year. Not that I am checking him out or anything.

Since when did bikini bottoms because the go-to uniform for all female olympians? I just don't get it.

Whatever Peter, go back to your fantasy football research.