Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Not What I Signed Up For

On Sunday morning, the girls and I participated in a cancer walk in honor of a friend's mom who passed away last year from lung cancer. In addition to the 5k, there was also a 1.5mi walk which, you would think, is doable for kids.


All I can say is thank God I have been running these days! I envisioned that the girls would walk half of the way and then I would have to push them the rest. Instead, I pushed them about 90% of the way. Not only that, because we were late, we parked in the overflow lot (was dealing with yet another tantrum from a certain child this morning). So I had to run uphill while pushing 90 lbs of kids and stroller to the registration tables. Then I ran to catch up to some friends. But Joey wanted to find her BFF who was towards the front of the walkers so then I had to run to catch up to her friend. All while pushing the girls. Yup, not what I signed up for...


Fortunately, we went to Souplantation afterwards to hang out and I got to replenish my body with some biscuits and gravy, breakfast scrambles, french toast and ice cream. All this after having already eaten a McDonald's breakfast. Food...I will always sign up for food...





Not sure what my kids did to deserve that medal...

1 comment:

Mommy Lim said...

oh my gosh..i started laughing when i read this envisioning you running while pushing both girls. i can see this happening to me in a few years (that is if i ever decide to run again)