Sometimes Joey really impresses me with her vocabulary. When I was in college, I read a book called Marva Collins Way. It is about an african american teacher who educated kids in a poor neighborhood of Chicago. She would use big words with her young students, believing that you shouldn't talk down to kids. They will either figure out what you are talking about, or ask you to define the word. That is my philosophy. Besides, I am philologist (yup, I am forcing you to look up the word) and I would like to instill this in my children.
Anyhow, during dinner last night, Joey dropped some food on her white skirt. I picked off the food and there was a huge stain. I told her to not worry about it because I could get the stain out. But worry she did. "It disturbs me. I want to take off my skirt." Chang and I looked at each other, wanting to laugh but Joey is very sensitive towards people laughing at her. I guess you can say that it disturbs her too.
Umma
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment