I was going to do a mock Mastercard priceless commercial with inflated costs for Sam's upcoming birthday party (a "casual" party at the park), but my editor thought that was in bad taste since some of you reading this blog will be coming!
In my head, I envision our kids' birthday parties just being a backyard barbeque with an expanded guest list. But it always ends up being more involved than that. With every party, the perfectionist, control-freak side of me feels like I should have done more or could have done something better. But I do like to host friends and get people together so in the end, it is absolutely worth the effort.
Plus, nothing is too much for my cuddle bunny...
In my head, I envision our kids' birthday parties just being a backyard barbeque with an expanded guest list. But it always ends up being more involved than that. With every party, the perfectionist, control-freak side of me feels like I should have done more or could have done something better. But I do like to host friends and get people together so in the end, it is absolutely worth the effort.
Plus, nothing is too much for my cuddle bunny...

Can I make a deal with God to have Sam stop growing up so I can hold him in my arms forever and ever? He is cruising now which is really breaking my heart. I was looking at old baby pictures of him and starting crying. Chang asked me in disbelief if I was really crying. So I pretended to be faking it, but those dramatic sighs I heaved were genuine. I really can't accept the fact that my baby is almost one. I look at old baby pictures of the girls and I can't get over how much they have changed too. Why God why must they grow older, develop attitudes, pee all over the carpet, whine about the peas in their dinner? If they could only stay sweet and small and subjugated. Makes me want to have another.
Ah...the good old days...
Joey, 11 months

4 comments:
all three of the kids look SOOO different..they are all cutie pies but i must admit, sam is a CUUUTTTIIIEEE!!!
he is, isn't he? :)
SOOOO CUUUUTE. one of my students is the youngest of three kids, too.. and he's SO cute and SO cuddly. his mom told me that he'll always be her baby :)
You have the cutest babies--no wonder you don't want them to grow up!
Post a Comment