Sunday, October 5, 2008

No, No, No

Joey and Elysha enjoy role playing these days. Usually Joey pretends to be mommy and Elysha pretends to be a kitty. Why a kitty and not a child, I do not know.

Months ago, they were playing the same game and Elysha hurt herself and called out for mommy. I went to her and she said, "no, unni is mommy." So Mommy Joey rushed to her side and consoled her as only a mommy could. "Oh, sweetie, are you okay? Mommy will make it all better." I was secretly relieved that Mommy Joey didn't yell out, "I'm busy right now. If you are not bleeding, then it can't be that bad."

Today, however, they were playing the same game and this is how their conversation went:

Kitty: Mommy, can I...

Mommy: No

Kitty: But mommy...

Mommy: No

Kitty: I just want to...

Mommy: No

Hmmm...yeah, that is probably a more accurate portrayal of me.

1 comment:

junia said...

jeremy was always the dog... we'd leave him tied to the piano bench under the laundry basket with a bowl of water... and go do our own thing

jeremy was also Princess Jemimy b/c being the oldest sister i told him he couldn't play Princess unless he was a Princess.

In other news, have you heard of nanowrimo.org?

just tryyy it.. i'm going to try it.