Friday, October 3, 2008

God is Good

Okay, I know I haven't shared this with everyone so sorry if it is a complete shock--my mom has breast cancer. I have been taking care of her doctor visits, getting her MRI, mammogram, ultrasound and pathology reports/slides, etc, ready for the doctors--reading these reports, researching the terminology--you know, everything.

I drove out to her so I could take her to the surgical consultation. The surgeon said that she was 99% sure that my mom is going to be okay. It is still early, the cancer hasn't spread, she will need a mastecomy, but from what she can tell with the MRI, we're in good shape. Plus, she most likely won't need chemo. PRAISE GOD!!! When the surgeon said these things, I finally cried. Until this point, I couldn't really cry. I couldn't let myself think of the bad possibilities. It was just something that I would not accept. But when the surgeon said these things, it was a big sigh of relief and tears of joy. We still have a long road ahead of us but my mom has an excellent prognosis so we're just very grateful. In the future, I want to blog about all the miracles I have experienced in my life--just so many for me to not believe that God is really looking out for me and blessing me abundantly. One could argue that He should not allow these things in the first place, but adversity is what grows us, shakes out the superficial, helps us know what lies in our core.

Anyhow, just wanted to share the good news. Do your self-exams ladies. My mom found it when it didn't feel bigger than a pen tip and this is why she is going to make it.

5 comments:

Mommy Lim said...

uhh..yeah...little shocked here. but GOOD NEWS! Praise GOD!!! Will be praying for good surgery and FULL RECOVERY! GO PINK!

Snoopy's Twinkie said...

Praise God! If it's anything, my sister Helen is specializing in breast surgery at USC...Hang in there! God is, indeed, GOOD.

sillie smile said...

seriously, God IS good. i forget all the time. but in the big and the little, He's consistant.

glad you finally cried about it. it's good for you :)

Trisha said...

Oh Susan! I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through. But yes, Praise God for his mercy and goodness. Just did a quick self exam thanks to your reminder.

moonbaby said...

Praise the Lord for He is truly good.