Though I still have every intention of eating those three pounds of chocolate, I vow to make an effort to not let it settle on my ever-growing pooch.
I also vow to read the Bible more. I have been avoiding it because I just didn't feel mentally ready to read anything meatier than a Pottery Barn catalog. But I am ready and it felt good to read it today and actually be able to process the words. I can hear squeaking in my brain as the cogs rotate again.
I vow to take my husband out on a date night each month--even if it means we need to pay for a babysitter.
I vow to yell less at the girls. I have been thinking about the next five years and it makes me sad. I know that it is going to be 2012 before I realize it and my little girls won't be so little anymore. I never, ever, ever thought I would feel this way but a little, tiny part of me is sad that they are going back to school tomorrow. We've had fun these past two weeks. I want to make a concerted effort to not zoom through afternoon and evening hours, trying to get them into bed as soon as possible.
I vow to smother Sam with even more kisses, if it is even possible. He is just getting more and more delicious. Trying to walk more these days, being more demanding and control freaky, saying "uh oh," "oooo," and "what's that?" It is very adorable and frightening. He's getting a mind of his own and I'm not sure how much I like that. Seriously, the blob stage is my favorite.Happy New Year y'all!
2 comments:
I know--they grow up so fast! Happy, Happy New Year to you, too!
happy 2009! i'm so sorry we didn't meet up while we were down, but with christmas, it was chaos and also tony got the flu and hailey got sick and i was sick..luckily syd was kinda ok. will visit next time for sure so the girls can play princess..haha. miss you!
Post a Comment