Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Five-Year Old Spa Party


A couple weekends ago, for Joey's birthday, we did a little spa party for Joey and her friends. Since it was going to be labor intensive for me, we only invited six families. I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pictures but the girls got to make jewelry, do foot soaks with princess wands that hold fizzy bath tablets, and then I curled their hair, did their makeup, and sprayed on glitter hairspray. Then they decorated vegan chocolate cupcakes (three of the attendees had various allergies so I wanted to play it safe--they were delicious, btw and I think I will make these instead of regular cupcakes. I also made the cookies shown above. Raspberry thumbprint cookies and nutella shortbread cookies).


The one request she made regarding decorations was flowers. So I asked my friend who owns Sonny Alexander flower shop in Beverlywood to make some centerpieces for me.



It was a fun party, very low-key and exactly what Joey wanted. And I was more than happy to oblige.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to Joey! What a fun party.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party for Joey! I love it! Enjoyed reading all about it and looking at the cute pics! You are such a good mommy! =)

Mommy Lim said...

awww..what a fun/cute party! giving me ideas for future parties for syd. :)

Shinyung said...

Wow, what a fancy spread. Can I hire you for my parties?