Monday, January 26, 2009

I Must Be Good

So you all know about my PB job. I was having a lot of fun working in the beginning and it still is fun. But then it started to get annoying because they kept scheduling me. During the holidays, they were putting me on 8 hour shifts both weekend days. Needless to say, it made me miss some holiday gatherings and family time. Now that the holidays are over and things have slowed down, I figured they would schedule me once a month, maybe twice. Nope...they keep scheduling me. It might be just four hours once a week, but we're busy these days! Birthday parties to attend, Superbowl to watch, and we want to go to on a couple more ghetto snow trips.

When I first started working there, my A.R. over-achiever self was in full gear, "Do you mind if I organize this area? All the towels are not folded the same way. Is there a broom anywhere? I noticed some lint of the floor. Is there Windex? I noticed some streaks on this glass." Plus, my general manager made the comment that if I kept selling the way I was selling (we DON'T get paid commission btw), then she was going to want me to work all the time. Then my W-2 for the year came in. I think I must have worked 500 hours and it netted about $50 in pay (minus a couple thousand in furniture and Christmas presents). So wow, it really is just not worth it.

Now, my strategy is to become a slacker employee. At least I tell myself that. But it is just no use. I'm a nerd--a sit-in-the-front-row-middle-of-the-class-and-wave-my-hands-in-the-air-yelling "I know, I know" nerd. Damn, it is hard being this perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee! Sounds like you have some nice benefits, though. I love their stuff!

Mommy Lim said...

yeah, can you get me some stuff before you get fired? :)