Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Good Day...

A Good Day in my life would feature any one of the following (I'm not greedy--even just one good thing makes it a good day):

* I come into the kitchen in the morning and the dishwasher has been unloaded by my darling husband (who will so be getting some that evening--psst...husbands take note, if you are bemoaning the lack of stuff happening in the sack, I'll tell you how you can insure a roll in the hay TONIGHT!!!)
* Joey and Elysha do not fight or whine in the morning before they leave for school.
* My hair looks good without any effort (I've got the no effort part down pat, but the hair-looking-good part is not going too well these last 4 1/2 years).
* I can put on my pants on without tucking in my stomachs (that's not a typo...and stop laughing or I'll lift up my shirt and make you wish you were blind).
* No one tells me I look tired. (Well, duh. Of course I'm tired. You would be tired too with three kids.)
* There is no laundry in the hampers waiting to be washed or folded or put away...or if there is, my darling husband takes care of just one load from start to finish, thereby saving me from one of the four loads of laundry I do every week (psst...are you men taking notes?).
* I get to carry a purse without any diapers or Goldfish cracker crumbs in it.
* I get to drink a beer or a glass of wine (heck, any alcoholic beverage would do).
* James McAvoy is on the cover of a magazine and I get a chance to see all the pictures of him inside and read the article. I heart him. For those of you (Sophia) who share this sentiment, watch the following films: Wanted (so hot), Becoming Jane (so passionate), The Last King of Scotland (so brutal), The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (so cute), Starter for Ten (so loveable), Wimbledon (so funny) and of course, Atonement (so omg hot).
* I cook something with produce that is homegrown.
* I eat See's Candy (which Chang bought for me because he was just thinking about me).
* I get to wear cute shoes (i.e. no flip-flops or slip-on sneakers).
* I get into bed before midnight and fall asleep right away.
* My beautiful children give me big hugs and kisses and tell me they love me (including Sam).
* Chang does the dishes while I am sitting in front of the TV, watching old episodes of Friends or Sex and the City, and eating ice cream.
* And last but not least, I recognize how good my life is, don't complain, and feel joy just because God is good.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sophia said...

YAYYYY FOR JAMESSS MCAVOYYYYYY <3 <3 <3