Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sam is 18 months!



So hard to believe he is one and a half. He is 75% in weight and height. And just becoming more and more of a handful. Still determined to be the youngest rock star ever. I guess he is working on the complete package with the rock star/troubled youth thing.

He is determined to do EVERYTHING on his own and I am inclined to let him. As far as I am concerned, the more independent, the better. If I can't hold him all day long, then I would rather he be able to take care of himself. He feeds himself for the most part (I just need to teach him how to use the microwave). The other day, he zippered up his pj's by himself.



We started the cloth diapers but the soggy, wet diaper doesn't seem to bother him at all. I have been sitting him on the potty every now and then, but nothing. He was about to poop so I got him on the toilet, and he held it in and got constipated. So obviously he has the muscle control. I think using the potty is just too strange of a concept for him. At some point, I will get serious about it. The cloth diapers are going well so far, so I am glad we made the switch.

His language development is great considering he hasn't learned to say no or mine yet. He hasn't learned to say much at all, but as long as he isn't saying those two words, it doesn't bother me. If anything, the first phrase he is going to learn to say (because he hears it all the time), "Oh my gosh, you are just crazy!" What really blows my mind is Elysha was speaking in full sentences by this time. I have a voicemail on my cell phone where she is saying, "I love you. I miss you. Come home soon." She was 19 months at the time. Sam says, "eeoo" for Elmo and "puh-puh" for poo-poo. I think I might be the only person who understands the ten words he has right now. Except "dah-dah" which he yells out constantly in the morning so that Chang will get him when he wakes up. It's great!

2 comments:

Mommy Lim said...

happy 18 months!!! Can't wait to see you guys this Saturday!

sillie smile said...

wow, he's looking like a little boy now. losing that baby face already!! You must be sad!