Yup, we felt the earthquake. I was putting the girls to bed (i.e. falling asleep in between them on the full size bottom bunk while they goof around beside me) when I was rattled awake by the shake.
I am a little freaked out that a major earthquake will hit while the girls are sleeping and they will be crushed by the top bunk. So after the first quake, I made the girls sleep on the floor of their room tonight. I'm sure they will be back in the bottom bunk by tomorrow night, but for tonight, I am letting my fears get the better of me.
Talking about freaking out, Joey is starting to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. She is very anxious to learn. She came home the other day, proudly exclaiming that she can ride her bike without the training wheels. Chang basically runs beside her with his hand on the handle bar. Whenever she feels steady, he lets go for anywhere from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. We went to the park again today and I was so eager to see Joey ride. But the moment I saw Chang take his hand off the bike, my heart stopped beating. I don't think I can witness this. It is too scary for me. I want to bundle her in bubble wrap or have her ride on a trail lined with cotton candy...not unreasonable, right?
Umma
3 years ago
1 comment:
I feel ya...I'll probably have a heart attack when she starts driving.
Post a Comment