Thursday, May 7, 2009

Making the Plunge

I did it. I ordered a diaper service today. I will be starting next week. (BTW, Honey, I ordered a diaper service. We'll be starting next week. Just so you know...)

It is twice as expensive as Costco disposable diapers but I really believe it will help me get him potty trained by the time he turns two...maybe even sooner? They said that most kids are potty trained by 18 months, outside of the US. So he is capable, I'm just lazy.

I was lazy with Joey but she insisted right after she turned two. Despite my protests, she was ready. Elysha insisted on not being potty trained until she was almost three, and even then, we had to force her so she could go to school. With Sam, however, I am on a mission (cue inspirational music). I will significantly eliminate the number of diapers that will go into the landfills. I will ultimately save our family money. But most importantly, I will be done with diapers FOREVER (echo fade Forever, forever)!

4 comments:

Mommy Lim said...

LOL. i'm dying. i've got one more year to go...and diaper FREE!!!!

moonbaby said...

Good luck! I've used cloth on my daughter since she was born and she was 100% potty trained on her own by 18 mos. I don't know how some moms continue to change BM diapers of toddlers-gag!

Anonymous said...

Now I feel totally pathetic! Our 3-year old boy can read and write (very short but complete) sentences, and draw realistic pictures. But, he is STILL not fully potty trained. Waah!! He still has "accidents". Will he be potty trained by the time he goes to the prom (maybe with Mommy Lim's older daughter if she isn't ashamed to have a date wearing Pull Ups)?

Asianmommy said...

Yay! Good for you!