Friday, December 12, 2008

Who's Naughty or Nice?

I'm tired. My face shows it with pimples and bags under my eyes. I'm trying to do too many things. But at the same time, I get excited when I start new projects. Sustaining them is a different story...

Even amidst my extreme fatigue, I have been making a concerted effort to be nicer to my kids. I still growl at them like Cujo when they are being insolent, foam dripping from my mouth because my fuse is short when I am this tired. But at the same time, I am trying to be a little bit more fun. Sometimes I feel like I am like Captain von Trapp from Sound of Music, before the singing nun came into the picture. No humor, all business...but these days, I hear singing and music!

Or maybe it is because I have been getting a break from them every weekend while I work my high-powered job at PB. I come home, exhausted, but more willing to deal with the kids again. And because I haven't been around, I try to make up for the hugs I haven't been able to give them all day. When I get up to the front door, I can hear Joey and Elysha scratching on the other side, so excited that they are about to see me again. It is nice to be missed and feel loved. I am really loving my PB job, for so many reasons! And I thought I was just doing it for the discount...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee! I love your Capt Von Trapp analogy. Sometimes I feel like that, too. :)