My first post is live on the Being Savvy website. I am still waiting for my bio and pic to be up but that is okay...millions of people (give or take a million) will be reading my thoughtfully written, astute post about Christmas trees.
I have always wanted to be a writer or be involved in a publication. I tried to do the whole publishing career route but my few feeble attempts to get my foot in the door were squashed. I was one of two finalist to be an editorial assistant for Stanford magazine--a job with a meager wage and a ton of grunt work. I was lost it to a Stanford Law graduate. One of the guys who interviewed me loved me so much he tried to get me a different job very distantly related to the magazine. But it was too late. I became so embittered by the whole experience, I went 180 degree different route with my career and went to school in the evenings to become a systems administrator. I sold myself out for the money and shelved my dreams of writing.
Flash forward nine years later, I am going back to my first love. And it feels good.
Umma
3 years ago
2 comments:
That's awesome--Congrats!
Congrats!!!! Looks like you've returned to writing professionally! Perhaps I'll be able to join you one of these days rather than simply grade students' papers. :P
Post a Comment