Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wile E Sam


Sam is beginning to show his devious ways. It's amazing how someone so small could have the capacity to do the things he has already done in his short 16 months of life.

About a month ago, the girls were bouncing around the house on their hippity hops. They were hopping and laughing, and poor Sam was watching them have the time of their lives. He was chasing them around but was unable to catch up until they stopped in the middle of the kitchen.

Then he sized up his competition. Which sister is bigger? Against which sister could I hold my own? He looked at Joey and then Elysha and then Joey again. Next thing I know, he just lunges after Elysha, trying to take away the hippity hop. Mind you, Elysha is 41" and Sam is 32". But apparently, that nearly one foot height difference is minuscule in Sam's eyes.

Sam attacked Elysha again this past week to grab something from her hand. I know Chang and I shouldn't laugh but it really is funny. Where does he learn these things? He was literally on top of her, grabbing her hair with one hand, and reaching for the object of his desire with the other. Elysha is so good because she won't retaliate physically against Sam, but she will scream at the top of her lungs, "Sam! No! Get off me!"

Also, the other day, Sam was in our bedroom, trying to get Chang's wallet from the night stand. (Chang's side of the bed is on the opposite side of the door, so if someone was lying on the floor on Chang's side of the bed, then I wouldn't be able to see him or her from the door.) When Sam heard me come into the room, he suddenly dropped to the floor. I was confused at first and wondered if he lost his balance. But when I looked over the bed to check on Sam, he was lying down commando style, on his elbows and stomach. He really thought he could hide from me and get away with it! He had done this once before but I thought the same thing, he had just lost his balance. Where did he learn this? It makes me laugh when I think about it, but it is also just so frightening!

1 comment:

Asianmommy said...

How totally cute! He's a clever little guy. :)