Sorry for all the weight loss stuff but if you are curious, I am happy to share what I did. I went hardcore with the intention of doing it for two weeks only. I knew I couldn't sustain it but at the same time, I wanted results fast.
I think five pounds was just from eating until I busted my pants for four days straight recently. So the first week, 5-7 lbs came off easily with the daily runs (about 3 miles on a very hilly terrain while pushing Sam in the jogging stroller). Two of those days, I also worked out on the circuit training machines (about 30 reps on about 6-7 machines) plus another 50 crunches on the floor mat. The second week I ran four days, the same 3 mile trek but didn't have time to go to the Y so no circuit training.
Diet wise, you have to keep in mind that I am a full-fat loving person. So I am sure my body went into shock. I used to have some form of dessert every night after dinner, which is why I had to at least treat myself to the fun size plain M&Ms every night.
Mornings: decaf coffee with soy creamer and then went for my run (I cramp easily so my stomach can't be too full when I exercise). Then some fruit after I was done.
Lunch: Two eggs made into egg salad with no bread and fruit, or a can of soup with two Trader Joe's veggie samosas and fruit, or an omelette with ham and cheese and fruit.
Snacks: I only ate if I really felt hungry at which point I would eat candied walnuts and/or fruit.
Dinner--asian chicken salad or taco salad with tri tip. If I made pasta or korean food (a meal in which I knew I could consume carbs), I really limited my carb intake. I would say that my carb intake used to be 50% of my meal, but I limited it to 25% or less.
Dessert: fun size plain M&Ms and Arbonne detox tea
I stuck to this on the weekdays, and weekends I let myself eat more junk and carbs, but was still more conscientious.
Sorry if this is TMI but I thought I would share. I had to make drastic changes but I also gave myself a time limit so that I wouldn't give up after a few days. Knowing that I was only going to do it for two weeks made it easier for me to do those daily runs and eat those salads. Now I haven't been running and am eating a normal amount (yes, dessert has come back) but my clothes are fitting better. I am getting older and something about having a third child made getting back to my old self much harder. So I came to this realization that I would have to work at it, and I finally made the decision to "just do it." I'm glad that I did!
Umma
3 years ago
4 comments:
CONGRATS on doing it...you are disciplined! i think i'll just stay fat and eat my carbs.
Sounds great! Good for you.
Mommy Lim, I know you are not fat. You just posted a picture of yourself so I don't know what you are talking about...I think with each kid, it takes two to three times as long to get back to "normal" though I don't think muffin top ever goes away.
good job!! and yeah, don't listen to mommy lim...she has been shedding the pounds as well..she's looking great!!!
Post a Comment