My baby is growing up so fast! His appointment is not until next week so I have no idea how big he is but I seem to be developing tendinitis in my shoulder. He is starting to sit a little but quickly slouches forward. But he is not trying to roll over at all--just like Elysha. I must be doing something to encourage sitting but discouraging the rolling over. Elysha was able to sit up by 5 months but did not roll over until 9 months. I loved it though because I could still lay her down on the couch without worrying about her falling off. The best part was the diaper changes. I didn't have to pin her down to change her diaper. Joey's first instinct was to roll over immediately.
I love that each child is so different.
Joey--she was able to support her head and was up on her elbows the first time I gave her tummy time--about 3 weeks old. By 4 months, she rolled over and was always on her belly. By 6 months, she was sitting up and doing the commando crawl. At 9 months, she started to crawl and cruise on the same day. And at 12 months, she went from crawling/cruising to walking/running in one day. I know that sounds unbelievable but she did not do the take one step and fall awkward baby walk. It was like she visualized practicing in her head so much but by the time she did start to walk, she hardly fell.
Elysha--She made no motion to roll over until 9 months. She finally flipped over and started crawling almost immediately. Maybe it is because she was in the exersaucer or bjorn a lot. She started taking her first steps before 12 months but started really walking after her first birthday. She started talking in full sentences at 18 months. She didn't have first words--she had first sentences. I don't remember having that period in which she would get frustrated because she couldn't communicate what she wanted.
Sam--I guess we'll have to see! He is such a mellow baby I think he might hit his milestones late. He is content to just lay on his gymini--he does try to grab the toys and looks at himself in the mirror. He can lay on it for an hour without fussing. I don't think the girls ever did that. He has been cooing and laughing since 6 weeks and is very social.
No comments:
Post a Comment