Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Joey, the sly fox

I made cake for us today and gave little pieces to the girls. Joey wolfed down her piece and while Elysha wasn't looking, tried to eat some of Elysha's:

Me: Joey, that is Elysha's cake. Don't eat it.
Joey: I know (putting the fork down and sliding the bowl away from the edge of the counter), I'm just moving it there to keep it safe.

Joey's favorite phrases these days are:

It's not fair!
I KNOW!
Is that cool?
I NEED that!

But she is also proving to be a very responsible and caring older sister to both Elysha and Sam. My favorite is when she speaks in a baby voice to gently reprimand or guide Elysha, or when she talks to Sam. Elysha is in the stage where she tries to replicate everything Joey does. One of Elysha's favorite sayings is "Same thing as unni." Joey used to insist on having Elysha dress just like her. Now that Elysha is the one who wants it, Joey finds it amusing. Joey seems to like being idolized and does not complain at all about her shadow.

No comments: