Friday, March 14, 2008

Elysha started school!



On Monday, my second baby started school. She is only attending twice a week at a school different from Joey's. On those days, I spend about two hours in the car with all the pick up and drop offs and I get about 2.5 hours of being with just Sam. On Monday, I tried to do a Mommy and Me yoga DVD but he got fussy a quarter into it. So after nursing him, he passed out and I had to wake him up 1.5 hours later to go get Elysha. It was amazing, being home and not having someone shadow me constantly. I was so productive. I finished my DVD (first time working out since Elysha was born--it's not a typo--I haven't worked out since Elysha was born--once a week pilates for about two months and then I got rock-hard abs back. ha ha, more like I lost enough weight to get back into my clothes and gave up on the muffin top), made a few work phone calls and worked on Elysha's baby book.

The teacher who teaches Elysha also taught Joey briefly and she can't get over how different they are in personality. Joey is slow to warm up and gets shy easily. Elysha jumps right in and doesn't look back. The first day I dropped Elysha off, she went right in with no problems and barely looked at me as I walked away. Joey cried many mornings and I had to do the stoic mom act. Drop her off and walk away without emotion. There are times these days, that she still holds my hand and doesn't want me to go.

Elysha is such a strong girl. She knows what she wants and she doesn't yield. Chang and I are having a hard time with her but there is a part of me that is okay with it. This girl will not be pushed around because she will just push back. She often gets Joey in trouble and is unapologetic. She is either going to be a future psychopath or a future president. I'm grateful that she is this way as the middle child. She won't get lost in the shuffle and will make damn sure that her voice is heard.

No comments: