Friday, April 18, 2008

Two down, one more to go...


Elysha is potty-trained. It literally happened overnight. On Monday, she said she wanted to wear underwear. By Friday, she was in underwear all day with no accidents. Plus, she was playing mind games with us for so long that the girl can hold her bladder for 5 hours. What finally got her to go consistently on the potty? A goodie bag from which she could pick a prize each time she went on the potty. The girl was holding out for more than cookies.
To add to my excitement, Sam slept 12 hours two nights ago and only woke up once last night. Despite being sick with bronchitis, I am feeling so refreshed these days. Unfortunately with my sickness, I completely lost my appetite. So my milk has diminished. I am thinking of just letting it go...the thought of eating like a teenage boy on steroids to get my milk back exhausts me. So another milestone, the last time I will ever breastfeed may be closer than I thought. It actually is making me cry. =( Sam made the most adorable sound when he nursed at nighttime. Everytime he swallowed, it almost sounded like a sigh...like the sound of bliss and perfect contentment. I always wanted to record it but never did...and now he doesn't make that sound anymore.


No comments: