On Sunday night, Chang was getting the girls ready for bed. When they were whining about going to sleep, Chang reminded them that they both had school the next day.
"Oh Man! I'm tired of going to school!" Our burnt-out four year old replied. The girl doesn't even have homework yet and she is already complaining about going to school!
I'm fairly certain that Joey enjoys going to school. I am so impressed that she is learning to add and subtract, she is telling me about Vincent Van Gogh, and she brought home her third book to read to us. Maybe Montessori schools are more academically oriented than necessary for her age but I think she's having a good time.
"Mommy, did you know Da Vinci painted that one girl, um..."
"You mean, Mona Lisa?"
"How did you know? Do you know Da Vinci?"
"Mommy, did you know that Milton is dead?"
"Mommy, that's Martin Luther King Jr. He says that he has a dream."
I'm a little curious to see at what grade I'll have to start looking up information to help her with her homework. I hope I'll make it through elementary school...
Umma
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment