Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just as Good as a Tissue

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was really hoping to do some damage so I planned my outfit in order to accommodate the large intake of food on turkey day. We first took my mother in law out for lunch at a Korean BBQ place (Shik-Do-Rak). Then we were stuck in traffic forever trying to get to my cousin's. Typical SoCal traffic--it took two hours to get from point A to point B even though it should have only been an hour. It all worked out because it gave us time to digest. My cousin and his wife really went all out, ham, turkey, and all the delicious sides. Of course, what Thanksgiving meal would be complete without kalbi jjim, kimchee and other Korean sides. I ate everything--twice. Yum yum!

We hung out at my mom's for the rest of the weekend and ate some more. It was a great weekend for me as I slept a lot, ate my mom's cooking a lot, and sang karaoke a lot. We know we are extremely blessed and we are so grateful to God--happy Thanksgiving!

But back to the reason why I entitled this post, "just as good as a tissue." The girls learned how to play "Go Fish" with their cousins this weekend so when we got home, the girls wanted to play again. We were sitting on the ground playing and Sam was weaving around us playing with his toys.

Achoo! Sam turned to me and said, "nose!" I looked at him and he has this five inch booger string hanging from his nose which was smashed horizontally against his cheek. He started to move towards me and turned his head down like a rodeo bull ready to bump the tossed rider. He grabbed me by the shoulders and went in for the kill. As he got closer to my shirt, he started to turn his cheek so that he could begin the booger transfer. I was trapped. His full 30-something pound frame on was me. I tried to break free but he just wrestled me to the ground and kept trying to wipe that snotvine on me. I finally managed to pry his grip off my shoulders and I quickly jumped up.

When he knew he lost me for good, he decided to go to his plan B. He wiped the booger string with his fingers and mashed it into his hair.

The funny thing is when his nose is running, he usually grabs the bottom of his shirt and wipes his nose. I usually do this for him when we are out and I don't have a tissue handy. And there may have been one or two times when I've done this at home and I'm just too lazy to get up and get a tissue. Recently, he realized that he can wipe his nose on his shirt by himself, which is great because when he does it in public, I feign disgust.

Tonight though, he must have been inspired by Calvin and Hobbes or his dad paid him five bucks because he was determined to wipe that snot trail on me.


Who me? Dear, sweet, innocent me?

1 comment:

Mommy Lim said...

LOL! my shirt is always used as a tissue with H. She thinks I'm a walking kleenex. I love his shirt..matches him perfectly! :)