Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Sam!

Sam is turning two! I can't believe my baby is two. There is a part of me that wants to keep him at this age forever because he is so adorable right now (but then again, I could eat him with a spoon since birth).

Sam is 75% in height and 90% in weight and 100% in attitude! These days he continues to amaze us with his talking. He still loves his guitars and singing and dancing. He received some boy toys for his birthday and I never realized how much he loves Thomas the tank engine. He was deprived for boy toys all this time because we were too cheap to buy anything for him. So all those times I joke about him playing with his sisters' princess stuff? It's because he had nothing else to play with...now he wants me to read to him his new truck book, set up his "choo-choo" stuff daily, and his race cars. Who knew that gender-appropriate toys were so important?

Sam, we love you so much. You have completed our family. We love your goofiness--when you laugh, we all delight in your joy. We marvel at your love for music and enjoy your daily serenades. I love it that you still cuddle with your mommy and are generous with your kisses and hugs. I love that you are independent and determined to do things for yourself. You are so sweet, smart and silly and are so grateful to God for giving you to us!

Sam was annoyed with me because I kept trying to take his picture while he was enjoying his chocolate buttercream frosting.

Enjoying his birthday cake again, but this time being polite.

I didn't think that Sam would know about blowing out candles or that we were celebrating his birthday but he did!

3 comments:

Sophia said...

awww happy birthday sammmm. the photographers at our wedding do a buttload of pictures of sam and the girls... i shall send them to you sometime soon. maybe over thanksgiving holiday when i have some time :)

Eva said...

happy birthday to sam!! wow, 2 already?! time really does fly. yeah i have to say so far, 2's have been so much fun!! i wish they could stay 2!! =)

Mommy Lim said...

awww...Happy Birthday Sam!!!!!