All the kids and the hubby have been sick with the hand/foot/mouth virus. It was pretty mild, all things considered. Only Elysha had sores in her mouth which prevented her from eating. But Joey, Sam and Chang just had fevers.
Today was the first normal day I have had in a while. Kids at school, hubby at work, just me and Sam hanging out, goofing around and gardening. He really is just at the most adorable/most challenging stage. So sweet, so stubborn, so pig-headed, so curious.
I'll be leaving for Boston next week to help out my BFF with her new baby (stubbornly waiting until the last minute to be born) so I am scrambling to write as many blogs as possible for Savvy Source. My mind has been on getting ready to go and also recovering from everyone being sick.
I'm excited about spending time with my friend and having some alone time too. I want to read Wuthering Heights again (already started it and am really enjoying it the third time around) and The Notebook, about 20 magazines that I need to go through (already sent to Boston via media mail). But I am really going to miss everyone. I haven't been away from everyone this long ever. I think Sam is going to suffer the most from my absence. He loves his daddy but I know that I have a special place in his heart. =)
Umma
3 years ago
3 comments:
it is HARD to have everyone sick, and i probably don't even know it as much as you!!
when do you leave? i will ship over the gift set before you go!!
(and chang can manage by himself?!)
poor family..and poor you! glad everyone is better. OOOHHH..have FUN and enjoy the time away with your friend and the little one...and don't come back saying you want another one..haha! GOOO Chang for taking care of 3 kids by himself!
So sorry to hear everyone has been so sick!
You are such a wonderful person helping out your girlfriend with her baby. She will appreciate it so much.
Take some time out for yourself as well as it sounds like you have been soooo busy.
Thinking of you
-K
Post a Comment