Wow, I really missed my little babies. A lot. The first day I kept showing everyone (and by everyone, I mean, even random strangers) pictures of my family. I couldn't get over how beautiful my girls are and how adorable my Sam is. By the time Sunday evening rolled around, I was ready to come back home and smother them with kisses.
It was a great trip, in any case. I am so glad that I went. I can't remember the last time I spent so much time with my friend. It was a blessing for both of us. It was so great to be able to share in this life-changing time with someone I've known since we were seven. I also loved holding a newborn baby again. But the best part of it all is I'm cured!
Before, if I held a itty-bitty baby, the smell of the baby just intoxicated me. It was like a liquor I didn't even have to drink--just the scent alone would send my body into a frenzy. My whole body would ache for more...just one more...But now, as adorable as little Jonathan is, I was more than happy to hand him back to his parents and hop onto a plane back to my older babies. I am over my addiction to the newborn baby stage. I know Chang is singing Hallelujah!
Umma
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment