That was the response from the office assistant who took Joey's kindergarten paperwork when I told her my daughter is a genius. Why didn't she take me seriously?
From the time Joey was two years old, she has begged me to buy her workbooks. So I have obliged her though I was always a little annoyed because it means that I need to sit down with her and teach her stuff. I would be more than happy if Joey was content playing with her princess dolls or something. But nope...my daughter prefers tackling math problems.
I talked to a friend whose son is almost as brilliant as Joey, and he begged his mom to let him go to Kumon. This was part of the way he could continue to advance his reading and math skills. I asked Joey if she wanted to do Kumon too and she salivated at the idea of going. So I guess that is what I need to do with her...which again is annoying because on top of the homework she will be bringing home, I'll also need to go through the Kumon workbooks with her too. Sigh...again, damn my nerd gene! I think it mutated and got stronger. Either that it is the combination of both mine and Chang's...though he keeps insisting to me that he was a jock in high school. Yeah right, and I was homecoming queen.
Umma
3 years ago
1 comment:
How funny! That's so cute that they're so excited to go to Kumon. :)
Post a Comment