It's been a busy week. My in-laws have been in town, one of my closest friends was visiting from the east coast, and a very dear friend of mine is going back to her home country. So I have only had time to blog for the site that actually pays me. However, Joey said the funniest thing the other day and I just had to document it.
The girls have been into rhyming words. Oftentimes in the car, we will play the rhyming game and Joey will come up with some clever word and then Elysha will copy Joey:
Joey: Oh, I've got one. Duck/Truck. Does that rhyme Mommy?
Me: Yes it does. Good job.
Elysha: My turn, my turn! Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...duck/truck! Does that rhyme Mommy?
Joey: I just said that! You're copying me.
Elysha: No, you're copying me.
Joey: Stop copying me!
Elysha: You stop copying me!
Both: Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Me: STOOOOOOOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Both of you just stop it before I pull this car over and ...(I refuse to actually document the things that I say to the kids that could be damaging in court).
Anyhow, usually, they actually make the effort to think of real words. But the other day, they wanted to advance their skills so they tried to rhyme more difficult words. This, however, just resulted in them making up words to rhyme with the aforementioned difficult words, like this:
Elysha: Kitchen...kitchen...bitchen! Kitchen/bitchen! Daddy, is bitchen a word?
Chang: (dying inside to suppress his laugh) Not really.
Also, the girls have been learning sign language in school. Over Valentine's day, they learned how to sign "I love you" which is the thumb, index finger and pinkie up and the two other fingers down. Joey, was counting a while back and accidentally flipped the bird. I told Joey to be careful because people do that when they don't like someone.
So the other day, Joey signed "I love you" and said, "this means I love you!" And then she proceeded to raise her middle finger and said, "and this means, I don't love you."
Elysha continues to fart and blames Sam for it.
Sam has major anger management issues. He wants to do everything the girls are doing and when he can't, he has a major meltdown. It hasn't been fun. But he is starting to speak more these days so he has been saying, nigh-nigh, poo-poo, milk in korean (though he says ah-wah), hi (though he says hieeeeeeeeeeee) and byeeeeeeeeee while waving, and today he said thank you and baby. He also loves playing the drums, piano, acoustic and electric guitar. And he dances like Austin Powers. It's hilarious.
Umma
3 years ago
5 comments:
Susie... your kids crack me up! :)
uhm...you need to see jalen...talk about anger mgmt issues! it started 10 days ago exactly..he's a changed person!! what happen to my baby?!!! makes me feel better when i hear other toddlers going through the same thing =) hope u guys are well! joey is so funny! cute!
OMG...i'm dying. hilarious!
can you record and post sam dancing like austin powers?!
I've tried to post videos but I think our video sizes are just too big. But whenever Sam dances, the Austin Powers song comes in my head.
Post a Comment