I attended the Kindergarten Conversation at our local elementary school. Our local school is the primary reason we moved into this area. As I listened to the teachers and administration and booster parents talk about their love for this school, I got excited. What an awesome school with dedicated support.
I went up to the principal later in the evening and was one of a handful of annoying parents talking about how brilliant our children are and how we are concerned that they might fall through the cracks. The principal had this look on her face that read, "self, remember these faces. These are the parents that are going to be exceedingly irritating."
Then I came home and looked through the information, considering what summer programs at the school would be best for Joey. She can be shy and slow to warm up so I think it would be great for her to get a head start when the pupil population is smaller.
But then it hit me, my baby is growing up. I am crying as I type this. How did this happen? How did she get so big? The kids get 2-20 minute recesses a day. That is it! And there will be daily homework. I think I got so caught up in the planning and logistics that it just didn't hit me until now. I'm an emotional mess now...how am I going to be when she actually starts? I'm not ready to let go. I'm really sad.
Umma
3 years ago
5 comments:
Oh--it'll be OK, I promise. What an exciting time for both of you!
Thanks Asianmommy. I'm going to be a mess that first day. =(
is joey realy going to kindergarten this fall?!!!
Don't get me started with the tears again Eva! =) Yes, my baby is going to kindy.
wow...kindergarten...sigh.
Post a Comment