Remember the reason why I wanted to work at PB? It was so I could get furniture for the kids. But I also want to get new furniture for pretty much every room of the house. I am tired of the wood-ish furniture we have--purchased at bargain basement prices. Kmart, Ikea, furniture stores going out of business, stuff that we bought for Chang's mom but now she doesn't need. Our home looks like a thrift shop. People keep telling us to wait until the kids are older to get the good stuff. That was fine when people got married and had kids in their 20s. By the time they turned forty, they were marrying off their children. By the time we marry off our kids, Chang will be ready to retire. So I'm supposed to wait until our 60s? Um, I don't think so.
I was able to get a floor model of the exact couch I wanted and it is arriving next week. So now I am getting ready to paint the living room and decorate it. Yes, as in Martha Stewart decorate. I want to put in vases with fake flowers, inanimate objects with absolutely no function or purpose but just because I think it is purdy. And then I am going to build an invisible force field around the room so that if any of the kids even think about going into the room, they will be shocked, just mildly, of course. No milk stains, no crayon marks, no cheerios that roll itself underneath the couch or into the crevices of the cushions.
So I guess all the hours that I slave away for practically free at PB have been worth it after all.
Umma
3 years ago
2 comments:
Yay! This is an exciting day for you. You must take a pic and show us how it turns out.
lucky!!
we love our couch and we paid too much for it. and now, sillie likes to wipe her runny nose on it! :(
i think i will sew myself some sort of couch cover/protector...if it weren't so much work!!
Post a Comment