Monday, February 9, 2009

The Uninvited

I've been sick since Friday but in denial until Sunday morning. Luckily, I was at my mom's so I just continued to sleep, even though everyone else woke up. After I ate a little breakfast, I went back into bed and slept a lot. It was wonderful to wake up to an empty house. The thought crossed my mind to take a shower but I just felt so weak.


After we got home last night, I started to feel gross but again, just wanted to get into bed. So today, I was smelling similar to the Survivor contestants but decided to sleep until the last possible moment. When Chang finally left to take the girls to school, I thought that I would wait until Sam naps before I would shower. However, even I couldn't take my own stench anymore. I turned on PBS kids for Sam and jumped into the shower, vowing to be as quick as possible. After I was already soaked, I realized I didn't leave the bathroom door open. Poor Sam, I thought. He is going to wander around the house, wringing his hands crying for me.


Thump!!! Suddenly, I saw this at the shower door:









And I looked like this:



3 comments:

Mrs. Sophia said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA awwwww i can imagine sam looking into the shower door! so cute :) feel better suzee, i just got over the flu/cold myself... this year it's really vicious; i was sick for a full two weeks -_-

Mommy Lim said...

hahahahah!!! Hailey does that to me all the time. I'm starting to slowly recover from my cold..it is very brutal. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

i just choked up laughing at this post... that last picture is priceless!