These days I feel loved. Chang and I are happy together. Joey is in a mommy phase right now so she always wants me (sure it can be annoying but at the same time, it is nice to know that I haven't screwed her up so much that she wants nothing to do with me). Elysha goes hot and cold with both of us, though she is showing a preference for daddy these days. And Sam appears to have gone over to the dark side too. On the weekends, he loves Chang and wants to be held by daddy over mommy.
But at night time, Sam generally wants to be put down by me and I just revel in being able to hold him while I give him a bottle (yes I need to wean him but I have a ton of formula and bottle liners). Sam plays with his blankie, rolling it around his thumbs or drawing it over his eyes, and slowly drifts off to sleep. I like to hold him just a little bit longer than is necessary because these days, I feel like he is growing up too fast and I want him to stay my baby just a little bit longer (thus the bottle).
Anyhow, I had to work today because we were doing inventory at PB, and they needed all the able bodies they could get. I didn't come home until right before the kids' bedtime. When the kids saw me, they all ran to give me hugs and kisses. Usually Sam will run right into my arms and rest his head upon my shoulder. Today, he came up to me, and cuddled just a little bit. Then he looked up at me with his big black eyes and leaned in to give me a kiss. Then he cuddled and decided he had to give me another kiss...and then another. It was the cutest thing.
Umma
3 years ago
2 comments:
aww.... and i'm sure it felt GREAT!!!
chang is so good about being able to handle all 3 kids on his own. i don't think peter could do it until S is able to cook him dinner! HAHA!
i love coming home to my kids too. those are the moments that remind me how much i love being a mommy! that was such a sweet story. thanks for sharing
Post a Comment