As I heading back to the car with enough food to feed the masses, I calmly said a prayer with each step. "Please God, PLEASE!!!! Don't let it rain! I beg of you!"
God heard my desperate plea and it was a gorgeous day...until...
Everyone had left the park except two other families who had come a little (very) late (ha ha). So they were hanging out and helping us clean up. As we were cleaning up the art table, I felt a drop. About a minute later, my friend felt another drop. About two seconds later, it started pouring. Massive amounts. Hurricane-like weather. I heard my other friend scream to her husband, "Get my baby into the car!!!!" (she has three babies like me). I was frantically cleaning up the art table while the others scrambled to get the kids into the car. I could hardly see with the rain pouring down over my face. Luckily, we got the place cleaned up and we were out of there about five minutes later.
My friend said, "Well, it was perfect timing with the rain holding up until now!" Chang grumbled, "Perfect would have been another 3o minutes." And I can only think that God really loves Sam that from the time we starting setting up until right before we were about to leave, it didn't rain. It just makes the day more memorable, if you ask me.
Anyhow, happy (early) birthday to my beautiful baby.
I'm not going to remember anything about today but at least my parents have the pictures to prove that they didn't neglect me.First taste of (cup)cake. I gave him one of the mini cupcakes that I baked at midnight last night. He seemed bewildered by the taste. We put it in front of him to see if he would go crazy with it and he wouldn't even touch it. It was as if he was scared of it. So I had to "spoon" feed it to him.


4 comments:
thank goodness it didn't rain! happy bday sam!!!!!
whew...i know, yesterday was i think the first time the twins experienced real rain since they were born..i don't think it rained during the daytime their whole first year in LA!! Happy Birthday SAM!!!!
Happy Bday to Sam! Glad the weather didn't ruin your plans.
hehehehe, as i drove away, i was thinking about what Chang said, and actually, what if God already gave us the extra 30 minutes?! hahahaha...
had a GREAT time... yes, i was one of the latecomers :)
Post a Comment