Monday, November 10, 2008

Strawberry Sneaker

As Sam grows, so does his personality. He is still so sweet and cuddly, but he does have his moments when he gets upset. He has been cruising a lot now and has stood up on his own for a couple seconds. He has my reach (one of Chang's nicknames for me is Plastic Girl because I have long arms and can bend weird angles to retrieve things), so he manages to pull things down from tabletops when we're not looking. He also loves to eat (just like the rest of his family). All these things put together is a dangerous, yet adorable combination.

Tonight after dinner, the girls were playing with their legos and eating strawberries. I was cutting up pears for Sam. Sam was crawling around all of us, playing with whatever caught his attention. Whenever I called out, "Sammy, ahhh," he would stop whatever he was doing, sit down and face me with his mouth open. As I said, the boy loves to eat.

Elysha put her strawberries on her chair to make more room on the breakfast bar area of our kitchen for her legos. I was done cutting up the fruit and left the kitchen to start getting Sam ready for bed. A few moments later I heard Elysha yelling, "Oh no, Sam! Sam is eating my strawberries!" Chang went over to investigate and picked Sam up with a snicker. He brought Sam over to me to show me the strawberry sneaker. Sam was still snacking on the last strawberry he snuck, and his eyes had this look that said, "guilty as charged but so worth it!"

We finally have some boy toys for Sam and it is amazing to see how much he is responding to the cars. It must be within a boy's genetic code to love wheels. At the same time, he picked up a hair brush and knew exactly what to do with it even though his hair has never been brushed.

He also is very aware of his sisters and always wants to participate in their activities--generally to the girls' chagrin. He is the godzilla to the girls' lego buildings, steals markers while they are drawing, and rips pages out of the books. I hope there will be a day when they can all play together...otherwise, we'll just have to make a playmate for him, right Honey?




No comments: