Chang and I are guilty of doing things for the girls that they can do for themselves because it is easier, for example, to put their shoes on for them, than to yell at them for 5 minutes to put their shoes on while they pretend they can't hear us. But we've started to realize that perhaps we aren't making them grow up enough. Hearing the girls yell,"Doooooooooone!" when they are done using the potty so we can wipe their butts for them is getting more than a little irritating. Even if we yell back, "Do it yourself. You can do it." They just yell back, "I don't want to. You do it!" So Chang and I have been making a concerted effort to make the girls more independent.
This evening, Joey almost gave herself a bath from head to toe. She missed some of her hair when shampooing and couldn't get her back when soaping her body, but she did alright. She and Elysha also put away their own laundry as I was folding it the other day. And, Joey even fed Elysha some of her dinner tonight because Elysha is the laziest, slowest eater around--unless it is the good stuff like chocolate chip cookies--then she's very diligent and quite quick! ha ha

Joey holding her hair because we are going to donate it to locks of love.

Elysha holding Joey's hair because she has to do everything her sister is doing--including taking a picture with her sister's hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment