Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Elysha is THREE!


Elysha turned three on Saturday, which coincidentally was the day of her party. We had a small party for her at our house. Nowadays, if we invite 10 families, it is 40 people! So we had to limit the invite list (so sorry if you are local and reading about the party!)


Anyhow, I tried to get my female ego to kick in and be Martha Stewarty (yup, that's a real word folks). I sat down for about two hours one night and created some spreadsheets--guest lists so I can keep track of how many favors, crafts, etc I would need; how many adults vs kids were coming so I could cook age appropriate foods. Then I created another workbook of shopping lists, to-do's for each day the week leading up to the party, and then an exact list of to-do's the day of the party. This helped me so much! Chang also took half of Friday off to set up all the shades and canopies since we expected it to be 100 degrees. So we were actually on time in setting up for the party--food table was all set, decorations up, and we were just waiting for our guests to arrive. Wohoo!

In terms of my "creative contributions" I made crispy treats that looked like lei's:



...Okay, if you cross your eyes and turn your head sideways, it will look like a lei, I swear...

I cut out different colored hibiscus flowers and spelled out Aloha (Joey and Elysha helped make some of the flowers):


The amoebae (plural form of amoeba--learned something new today) flowers are courtesy of Joey. She has to do whatever I am doing, and for a four-year old, she is quite competent.

And I photoshopped the following photo to hang up:


Chang did not appreciate the coconut shells on "Joey" or that I used his body for "Sam." He doesn't like to show off his rock hard abs. Yup, back off ladies, that Brad Pitt body double is mine!

I also made little favor tags with a picture of Elysha on the back and tied it onto the favors with raffia. Why did I take photos of my creative stuff and post it? Because this is so not me and I am very proud of myself! Maybe that female gene exists in me somewhere!

No comments: