Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Invention of Lying

These days Joey lies...a lot. Unfortunately for her, Elysha rats her out...a lot. But instead of getting mad at Elysha, Joey becomes overwhelmed with guilt and confesses the truth. I honestly have lied in bed at night, wondering where I went wrong that my five-year old daughter is already so good at lying.

Then tonight, I read in Redbook the following:

"Your kid is going to lie...and that's okay. It means the child is cognitively advanced enough to hold in their mind both the truth and an alternative idea, which requires a lot of attention control."

Man, Joey is a friggin' genius!


First day of kindergarten. I totally forgot a camera so I took this with my phone. Bad mom...

1 comment:

Mommy Lim said...

syd already lies...and she's not even 4. the only time she spills the truth right away is when i threaten her..lying equals automatic meh-meh.