Saturday, May 17, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

It still makes me giggle to think that I am already attending parent teacher conferences. But at the same time, I love hearing another person tell me how wonderful, intelligent, and unique my daughter is--and she's a trained professional! So, at age four, Joey likes to gab with her friends while doing her work; she is generally liked by her classmates but fights most with her closest friends; loves to dance; is reading; can add and subtract; and shys away from the spotlight. She reminds me of myself in lots of ways. One thing that I wish I can change in her is her unwillingness to try something new because she thinks it will be too hard for her. She gets that from me too. We are so afraid to fail that we would almost rather not even try. But when we set our mind to go for it, we do it whole-heartedly. Joey's teacher said she will do something repetitively until she feels she has mastered it. Then she is willing to move on.


It just blows my mind how much children are very much born with certain personality attributes. Of course, Joey is my first-born so it is very possible that these attributes are learned behaviors. But Joey was like that with walking, talking, potty-training. She would not make attempts at things until she was ready. But when she did, she mastered it very quickly.


I see a lot of Chang's personality in Elysha. She is just such an easy going child. But when she is upset, Lord have mercy! And, just like her father, the girl has such natural athletic ability. She seems to be good at anything she does, without even trying too hard.


With Sam, both the grandmother swear that he has their child's personality. My mom says that I was the easiest baby. Chang's mom said that Sam is a good-natured baby, just like Chang!

No comments: