Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's official: Sam is HUGE!


I took Sam in to the doctor today for his 6 month check up. He is a little over 20 lbs and he is 27" in height. So he is 95% in weight and 80% in height. He has outgrown his 9 month clothes already. I put a dinosaur T-shirt and camouflage pants on him today. I love it. I think boy clothes are so cute. Of course, if I didn't have a girl, I would be looking at all the pink tulle thinking, I wish I had a girl.

Speaking of clothes, I think it would be fun to make a dress with Joey. Maybe she needs to be a little older but I think it would be fun to go to a fabric store, and choose a fabric and pattern and embellishments. I watched one episode of Project Runway and was totally inspired. It's funny--when I was nursing 24/7 and in no mood to multi-task, I would turn on the TV while I was nursing Sam. For some reason, I would watch Martha Stewart's show or Fine Living Decorating shows. Each time I would watch it, I would think, Dang, I'm not doing that. But one episode of Tim Gunn and fierce Cristiano, I'm inspired to make a dress.

Never, in a million years, did I imagine this to be my life: 3 kids, staying at home, gardening, cooking dinner (occasionally), and stressing out about window treatments. When I imagined my future, I saw various things, depending on at what point in my life: elementary school teacher, magazine editor, book publisher, CTO, full-time ministry...I don't think stay at home mom ever entered my mind. I wanted children and I wanted to be around for them but I thought I would be working. I never saw myself as a girlie girl and yet I have a total princess. I think God has a sense of humor. I am so happy...exhausted...but I feel blessed.

1 comment:

jss said...

BIG BOY! If he keeps it up, he'll be something like 8 feet tall and 450 lbs by the time he's 16 ;)

Sophia just turned 9 months and is also 27 inches tall and 20 lbs. She was always around average height, but was in the 90th percentile in weight until about five months and has only gained 3 lbs or so since then... I have a feeling that Sam isn't going to stabilize.