Wednesday, May 5, 2010

10 Things I Can Live Without...

1) "I'm DONE!!!" announcements coming from the bathroom, implying that whichever child is sitting on the toilet is expecting me to wipe their butt.
2) Going to the bathroom and seeing that a bowel movement was not flushed. It makes me wonder what else was not done after neglecting to flush...
3) Potty Training. Do I really need to go through this torture yet again to be diaper-free for the first time in over six years?
4) Slaving over a hot stove for dinner and then hearing, "Yucky!" It makes me want to serve liver and brussel sprouts for ten days consecutively (I'll give you yucky...).
5) Everyone else getting sick every time one of the kids getting sick.
6) Me getting sick every time everyone else is sick because I don't get any sick days.
7) People giving me the eye when I say I want a margarita at 9 o'clock in the morning.
8) People giving me the eye when I get a margarita at 10 o'clock in the morning.
9) Having to wake up in the middle of the night because Sam is screaming that he can't find his blankie (usually he's lying on top of it but doesn't realize it).
10) Fighting (Elysha told me today that for Mother's Day, she was going to be nice to Joey and not fight with her. "Just for that one day," she said so proudly...can't wait!).

5 comments:

Joanne Choi said...

hahhaa...the I'm done comment...I'm SO over that. I still get it. When does that stop?

Margaritas at 9 or 10? Girl, come on over, and I'll make you one. I once said to my mom, "I need something to take the edge off" and took a shot of maeshil wine. She looked at me and asked, "ARE YOU ADDICT?" I said, "No mom, I just have 3 kids."

You made me laugh! Thanks!

sillie smile said...

um, my list wouldn't stop at 10.... hahahaha.

and the first thing i did after weaning was drink! for 3 nights straight...

Sophia said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy Lim said...

i'm nodding to everything on your list. I'm drinking wine every night..maybe i'm an addict.

Melissa said...

Here's my attempt at 10 Things JoElSaMama cannot live without:

10.) McDonald's
9.) Margaritas at 10 am
8.) Jeremy Northam
7.) James McAvoy
6.) Chocolate and other snacks :)
5.) Books
4.) Mom and family
3.) The kids
2.) Chang
1.) God