Joey and Sam are both sick right now. At least I am assuming Sam is sick. I think I can safely say that Sam's nose has been running for a good three months now. When I took him in for his two year check up, the doctor said that it was allergies. Apparently, even if there is color to his mucus, if it clears up and thins out by the end of the day, it most likely is allergies.
But for our story's purposes, Sam is sick and his nap was equivalent to a long blink. We also put him to bed late because we went to a local sports bar to watch the Orange Bowl (go Hawkeyes!). By the time we got home, gave them a bath and got them ready for bed, the girls were tired and Sam was losing it.
So I scooped him up and squished his body into the length of my cradled arms so that his feet were tucked under his knees. I carried him into this room and rocked on the glider. His head was nestled just above the crook of my arm (too big to fit anymore!) and I pulled him tightly so I could whisper a lullaby and prayer into his ear. When I was done singing, I squeezed him even closer against my body so I could hug him as I carried him to his crib. As I laid him down already half-asleep, I gave him as many kisses as I had breaths and tucked him into this Lightening McQueen blanket. I gently ran my fingers through his hair and said, "I love you Sammy."
With a soft voice and entranced soul that had already begun its journey into dreamland, he whispered, "I love you Mommy."
This is why...
Umma
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment