So Joey and I discussed her birthday in October and she wanted to do an art party and I had her write down the names of the friends she wanted to invite. After all the expensive options available outside of our home (seriously, why does a kid's birthday party have to cost $1000?), I decided to do it at our home and serve hot dogs and chips. I was stressed about having 18 kids inside our house but the weather was perfect so we held it in our backyard.
The kids made mosaic crowns:


They also drew pictures which I scanned onto an iron-on transfer and (at a later time) made into a t-shirt with the obligatory jewels.

For her "cake," I made Joey a cookie tower. She freaks out at birthday parties because she doesn't want to eat cake or cupcakes. Before cake time during a birthday party, she runs over to me and asks if she has to eat cake. "Of course not, but mommy is going to eat it," I reply.
It was a fun day. The next day we took the kids to Disney on Ice. Sam loved the Cars but began to lose his patience with Tinkerbell. But I think his favorite part was holding and eating the $10 popcorn.
4 comments:
Wow--how fun! The crowns are beautiful.
what a cute bday party..seriously i stress about when joelle gets older, you moms are so creative! oh, so you took sam to disney on ice? mommylim just asked me about it..but we were just thinking of taking the girls? you think jalen would like it...besides the CARS?! hahaha!
sam LOVES watching princess movies, tinkerbell, etc. even then, he lost patience after a while...i think it is just too much for a two year old boy to sit still for more than 30 minutes. you should definitely take the girls though, joey and elysha loved it.
you sure know how to throw good bday parties!
Post a Comment