Sunday, December 13, 2009

Not Exactly a Lump of Coal...

Around this time of the year, I begin to hoard things for the kids. Stuff that they would normally receive right away, such as toothbrushes and toothpaste. All these items get wrapped and placed under the tree. They may not be the most exciting gifts but when wrapped in festive decorations, the wow factor gets kicked up a notch.

So on the dawn of Christmas morning, the kids will be getting goodies such as underwear, fleece pants, Scholastic books, and toothbrushes. I did get them a couple fun items too like:

For Joey


For Elysha

For Sam

The functional gifts remind me of the prizes we would win at picnics hosted by our 1st Generation Korean churches. After winning a potato sack race, we got to choose from an assortment of prizes ranging from toilet paper to bar soap. It was disappointing as an eight year old to walk away with toothpaste, but if it was wrapped in snazzy wrapping paper, I'm pretty sure I would have been more excited.

1 comment:

Asianmommy said...

I love Sam's toolbox! I want one, too. :)