Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Joey lost her two front bottom teeth on Monday night. She lost one while she was eating dinner and I had to search the kitchen floor for it. I was so afraid she somehow swallowed it. So we wiggled the other loose tooth until it came out. She was so excited about the impending visit from the tooth fairy.

Later that night, Chang and I were already in bed when he suddenly remembered Joey's teeth in a bowl next to her bed (she was going to put it under her pillow but that kind of grosses me out. I convinced her to leave it in a bowl). Chang was going to go out and buy something for her but I didn't want to set a precedent for grand gifts from the tooth fairy. I kept arguing that a quarter per tooth was more than enough but Chang is a lot nicer than I am. So he made her an origami piano and gave her a dollar coin and a quarter.


I know that I said it before but I love that the kids believe in this stuff. For Christmas, we made gingerbread cookies and left out milk for Santa. Before we went to bed, Chang and I took bites of the three cookies and drank the milk. The next morning we could hear them running over to the plate, seeing the missing cookies and milk, and then bounding over to our room with mad excitement. "Santa came and ate the cookies and drank the milk!!!"

4 comments:

Mommy Lim said...

losing teeth already!?! she's such a BIG GIRL!!!! Your hubby is so sweet...I bet T is gonna do something like that too later, and I'll say, "just give her a quarter!" :)

Asianmommy said...

Hee! I had to go in my daughter's room 3 times before I was able to steal away her teeth from under the pillow. She just kept waking up! Now I know to wait until midnight when she's surely dead asleep. :)

moonbeamsue said...

Suzee- Ryan lost his first tooth the same day as Joey! He bumped into someone's head at Taekwondo and it fell out. Apparently the kid is okay. Ryan was thrilled and Justin was excited that he witnessed the whole thing.

moonbeamsue said...

One more thing...you're using the cork-board? I haven't put anything up because I thought the boys would go crazy with the pushpins. So Ryan and Justin don't even know about that feature of their desks; so sad.