Wow! I didn't realize it has already been a week! I am in the east coast right now. Just me. Helping out my sister in law with her new baby. She and baby boy are doing great. So aside from cooking, I am helping her organize. She moved in with her hubby about two years ago and their first floor looks like they just moved in. Boxes and no furniture. The Monica Geller in me got excited at helping her get organized. We've finished the clean up, purchased furniture courtesy of my PB discount, and I am hanging up mirrors and pictures. I even got to use power tools which I haven't used in forever since Chang takes care of all those sorts of things. Let's just hope that everything doesn't fall off the walls when someone closes a door.
The in-laws have no tv and no junk food in the house. I had to buy my own chips and chocolate. I finished reading Jane Eyre last night and I am planning on reading the first two Twilight books again in anticipation of the movie. I thought I would be going through tv withdrawal but since I don't have my kids to wear me out each day, I don't need vegging time in the evenings.
I really do miss my babies though. Sam is so adorable these days and the girls have been pretty cute and less irritating ever since I implemented the 1-2-3 magic system. I'm enjoying my time off but I can't wait to get back home.
Umma
3 years ago
4 comments:
What a nice thing to do! Your sister-in-law is lucky to have your help.
how NICE!!! i wish i could do that...get away for extended period of time.
Oh I would love for you to come here and help out lol. You're a great sister! I'm sure they appreciate you being there. Where in East Coast did you go? I'm in NC (pardon me, I'm geographically challenged)
Maricris Zen Mama--I was in the DC area. Thanks for your comment! I am thinking of making it a business and just charging a $1000 per diem flat rate for my services. Believe me, I am worth every penny! ha ha
Post a Comment